Technology and the Making of Europe
European Studies Conference 2012
28 June - 30 June 2012
Location: Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Organizer: Donna Ferrand
From 28-30 June, 2012 the Centre for European and International Studies Research organizes a three-day international conference at Portsmouth University. The event will bring together academics and practitioners from a broad range of disciplines including sociology, politics/IR, history, linguistics and gender studies.
- Liberté, egalité, fraternité: society and state formation in Europe
- Governing Europe: transnational fields and networks
- Europeanisation? Changing national and sub-national polities
- Language: barrier to Europeanisation?
- Inclusion and exclusion: Immigrants and minorities in national and European societies
- Unity in diversity? The local and regional in Europe
- Contact and convergence: popular culture as banal Europeanisation?
- Museums, theatres, cinema: transnationalizing high culture in Europe
- Changing the Other: Europe in the world